Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Real Talk: Pageantry & the Wider World

A key segment that I will be launching on this blog will be 'Real Talk'. I'm not going to ignore the substantial concerns that people have about pageantry, both as an outsider and a potential candidate - am I too fat, am I too poor, is it anti-feminist, is it degrading, is it racist etc.

These are valid questions which here at Pageant Possible we want to honestly, and as accurately as we can, address to ease worries and start a discourse on how pageantry can be improved. I promised I wouldn't be airy-fairy and spout "be yourself" as the answer to every question, and Real Talk will be a way for me to really get into the ethics, controversies and worries about competing in Beauty Pageants in 2015.

Real Talk will start next week sometime, so if you have any ideas on topics you would like to discuss please feel free to leave a comment or tweet me at @PageantPossible! x

No comments:

Post a Comment